Yesh Din Vacancy Announcement
Development Officer (full time)
Start date: July – August 2021
Deadline for application: Sunday, June 13, 2021
Israeli human rights organization Yesh Din is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Development Officer. The successful applicant will be part of the two-person department and support the director in fundraising and advocacy activities and communications with supporters and the international community.
Yesh Din’s activities focus on the extent of Israel’s implementation of its duty to protect the Palestinian civilians under military occupation in the West Bank. For more information about Yesh Din, visit www.yesh-din.org/en.
We are looking to recruit a full-time team member in our Tel Aviv office (option to work partially from home).
- Grant writing and reporting.
- Administrative aspects of donor relationship management.
- Assisting in growing private donor base and maintaining private donor relations.
- Drafting materials for supporters, such as newsletters, updates for the diplomatic community, translations.
- Holding meetings with supporters, international organizations, and the diplomatic community.
- Fluent English and advanced Hebrew – required. Knowledge of Arabic – advantage.
- Academic degree, ideally in human rights, political science, international relations, law, or other related field – strong advantage.
- One – three years of relevant professional experience – strong advantage.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Identification with Yesh Din’s mission and commitment to human rights values – required. Experience and/or education in human or civil rights or in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict – strong advantage.
- Excellent written communication skills in English, including the ability to draft/edit a variety of written reports, and to articulate ideas in a clear, concise style.
- Computer savvy – knowledge of Excel, Salesforce, Mail Chimp.
- Experience in fundraising and/or project development – advantage.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team is required.
- Experience in public speaking – advantage.
- Experience in narrative-building, messaging, story-telling – advantage.
***Applicants who are prepared to commit to at least two years will be preferred.
***The ability to maintain discretion concerning sensitive content is essential.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org . Short-listed candidates will be asked to submit a brief writing sample.