Yesh Din Vacancy Announcement
International Relations and Resource Development Officer (part-time 50-80%)
Start date: January 2019
Deadline for application: Thursday, December 20th, 2018
Israeli human rights organization Yesh Din is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Resource Development Officer.
Yesh Din’s activities focus on the extent of Israel’s implementation of its duty to protect the Palestinian civilians under its armed forces’ occupation.
The core responsibilities of Yesh Din’s International Relations Department are fundraising, donor relations and international advocacy. We are looking to recruit a part-time team member (50-80%).
Grant writing and reporting
Administrative aspects of donor relationship management
Assisting in building private donor base and maintaining private donor relations
Drafting materials for donors, such as newsletters and relevant updates
Supporting Yesh Director of International Relations with department responsibilities
Academic degree, ideally in human rights, political science, international relations, law, or other related field
Minimum one year of relevant professional experience
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Commitment to human rights values required; experience and/or education in human or civil rights or in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict preferred
- Excellent written communication skills in English, including the ability to draft/edit variety of written reports, and to articulate ideas in a clear, concise style.
- Hebrew working knowledge (reading and writing) required. Fluency preferred
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer savvy – Excel, Salesforce, Mail Chimp.
- Experience in fundraising and/or project development.
- Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team is required. Attention to details is required.
- Good judgment, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality are essential.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Short-listed candidates will be asked to submit a brief writing sample (unedited by others)